Immigration status
Jess avatar
Written by Jess
Updated over a week ago

Documents to confirm your immigration status:

  • Permanent Resident Card, "Green Card" (I-551)

  • Reentry Permit (I-327)

  • Refugee Travel Document (I-571)

  • Employment Authorization Card (I-766)

  • Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (with temporary I-551 language)

  • Temporary I-551 Stamp (on Passport or I-94/I-94A)

  • Foreign passport

  • Arrival/Departure Record (I-94/I-94A)

  • Arrival/Departure Record in foreign passport (I-94)

  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (I-20)

  • Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (DS-2019)

  • Notice of Action (I-797)

  • Document indicating a member of a federally recognized Indian tribe or American Indian born in Canada

  • Certification from U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)

  • Document indicating withholding of removal (or withholding of deportation)

  • Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) eligibility letter (if under 18)

  • Resident of American Samoa Card

Did this answer your question?