Documents to confirm American Indian or Alaska Native status:

  • Tribal Enrollment/Membership card from a federally recognized tribe
  • Document issued by Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) recognizing you as American Indian/Alaska Native
  • Authentic document from a federally recognized tribe declaring your membership
  • Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
  • Certificate of Indian status card
  • I-872 American Indian Card (Texas and Oklahoma Kickapoo American and Mexican members)
  • Document issued by Indian Health Service (IHS) showing that you were/are eligible for IHS services as an American Indian/Alaska Native
  • U.S. American Indian/Alaska Native tribal enrollment or shareholder documentation
  • Letter from the Marketplace granting a tribal exemption based on tribal membership or Alaska Native shareholder status
Did this answer your question?