Social Security Number (SSN)
Jess avatar
Written by Jess
Updated over a week ago

Documents to confirm Social Security Number (SSN)

Documents must include your first name, last name, and SSN. The following documents may be submitted to confirm your SSN:

  • Social Security card

  • 1040 Tax Return (federal or state versions acceptable)

  • W2 and/or 1099s (includes 1099 MISC, 1099G, 1099R, 1099SSA, 1099DIV, 1099S, 1099INT)

  • W4 Withholding Allowance Certificate (federal or state versions acceptable)

  • 1095 (includes 1095A, 1095B, 1095C)

  • Pay stub documentation

  • Social Security Administration documentation (includes 4029)

  • Military record

  • U.S. Military ID card

  • Military dependent’s ID card

  • Unemployment Benefits (Unemployment Benefits Letter)

  • Court Order Granting a Name Change, that must have your original first and last name, new first and last name, and SSN

  • Divorce decree

Did this answer your question?