Enrolling in health insurance can be a daunting process. We've tried to make it as simple as possible.
1. Catch will start by asking for your zip code so we can provide you with the appropriate recommendations for where to enroll in health plans.
Note: Users in certain locations will have different options. For example, some states require that you enroll in health plans through their designated state exchange, and for users in Austin, TX, there may be an option to enroll in an Association Plan through our partner Decent.
2. Next, you'll be prompted to provide some basic information about yourself such as where you live, your tax filing status, and your income. At this stage you'll also be able to see your estimated savings based on subsidies you qualify for via the premium tax credit or cost sharing reduction*.
3. Once you've provided information needed for plan recommendations, you'll be shown all the plans available to you in your area. All these plans are ACA compliant.
4. You'll then be able to explore and compare plans and choose one that best fits your needs.
5. After choosing your plan, you can enter all of the necessary information and enroll in your insurance plan directly through Catch.
6. Once you've enrolled, expect communications from us and from the Marketplace. HealthCare.gov may send you notices and communication about your coverage. Log into your account with us to view your Marketplace notices, make updates to your application or coverage, and to manage your information.
Note: Beginning 2020, you'll be able to pay your premiums (and sign up for autopay) directly through Catch.
*In a few cases, you may need to finish your application on healthcare.gov -- our help article can give you a bit more information on why that might be the case.